Nutritionist Erin Butler has approved this tasty treat that won’t negate your training efforts!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cups:
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 1 peanut butter cup, recipe yields 8 peanut butter cups
Calories per serving: 118 kcal
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Whey Protein (I use Jay Robb’s or Go Gnarly)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup PB@ powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. In a small bowl, combine vanilla protein and PB, add unsweetened vanilla almond milk and mix until smooth. Then add peanut butter and mix until smooth
2. In a small pan, melt chocolate chips over low heat
3. Add a small later of melted chocolate to each of 8 silicone baking cups. Place on a try and into the freezer until hardened, about 15 minutes
4. To each baking cup, add a spoonful of peanut butter mixture and press lightly into the cup, leaning some space on the sides for the chocolate to fill in.
5. Top the peanut butter mixture with melted chocolate.
6. Return cups to the freezer until hardened, about 30 minutes. Remove from silicon cup and wrap in foal. Store in the freezer until serving.